Saturday, March 20, 2010

Relief Society Done (for a while)

I spent Saturday thru Tuesday preparing for the Relief Society Birthday Party. I don't think I got as stressed out on this activity as I have on past activities. I was proud of me for that. Aaron spent Tuesday night helping me. I am so greatful for him and his help. He ran the video, did tons of dishes, and many more things. Thank you Aaron. The night was a success. I went to Brenda's and filled 38 balloons with helium. Then I tried to put them all in my van. I was so thankful for Rianna's help. We got them in and only lost 2 in the process. I then drove to the church with 5 children. What a car load. I don't have another RS meeting planned again for at least 2 months. Yeah!
We had dinner and family home evening over at Brenda's Monday night. Dinner turned out nice. I was frustrated that we started so late but that was my fault because I had had RS set up right before. Anyway, home evening went well too. Rianna gave the lesson and did a nice job. One day I'll have to figure out how to keep my children quiet. After all that Ryan had a hard night. Aaron wasn't pleased with Ryan's behavior and got involved. Rick said that Ryan tried to throw a big rock at our car. I'm glad Rick stopped him. The police were called and Ryan is now in detention. Hopefully Ryan will find his way back sooner than later. All this has been really hard on Brenda this week.
For our date this week Aaron and I saw the movie "Blind Side". If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it. We haven't seen that good of a movie in a long time.
This week AJ went flying with our wards cub scouts. He hasn't been on an airplane since he was 4 months old. He had a smile from ear to ear and was beaming when he got home. He said his favorite part was taking off and landing. Aaron got to go too and said that landing in St. George is different. I'm so glad they got to go. Mattina Ann is quite jealous.
AJ also had a word challenge at his school this week. They have been learning science and math words and definitions. On Wednesday they had a challenge to see who at his school could challenge Bloomington school. AJ did well enough to be involved in that challenge. Aaron and I are excited for him.
AJ has had quite a week. He also got offered drugs this week. I tried not to freak out when Aaron told me. I'm so glad Aaron and AJ ride together to and from school. It's great time for them to spend and talk. Anyway, AJ was getting angry and another child offered him something to calm him down. AJ immediately knew that was wrong and said no. The child kept offering and he continued to say no. I'm so greatful he listened to the spirit. Aaron talked to AJ's teacher to fix the problem. It sure is a different world we live in now.
Mattina Ann spoke in sacrament meeting last Sunday. She prepared her talk all by herself. I didn't hear any of it until she gave it. She was to talk on one of the articles in the New Era. She spoke on prayer. She pulled little parts from the article to talk about, gave some examples, gave her own experience, and then bore her testimony. I am so proud of her. She was great. Mattina Ann has a friend that is being baptized this morning. After all she went through in her classes last semester she did manage to get all A's again. She continues to have a 4.0 average. Let's hope I'm not jinxing her.
We paid off our car this week. Only student loans and the house for debt now. Yeah.
Well I'm off. Next week doesn't look so busy. We'll see what happens. That could change too easily.

2 comments:

BA said...

I'm glad your RS went well. I hope AJ remembers how he felt when someone offered him drugs and he keeps his values. That is amazing. I really like it when people give a talk instead of reading something. Congrats Mattina Ann.

BA said...

Congrats on paying off your car. I bet that feels good.

Geremy's 4th Birthday