Sunday, May 9, 2010

Geremy's 4th Birthday

On May 1st we celebrated Geremy's 4th birthday. We wanted to go to Pine Valley but had cold weather and the Ironman was in St. George. This meant the road to Pine Valley was more or less closed. I was frustrated we couldn't go to Pine Valley but someone suggested Red Cliffs, which was perfect. We had a fire, small creek, nice weather, and a wonderful time. It was so nice to relax and not worry about much. Geremy had a lot of fun. He loved his gifts, being in the mountains, and his cake. I watch the food channel and the fun cakes they make. The professionals make it look so easy. "I can do that." So I made Geremy's cake with a fondant face. It was fun to try something new. I think it turned out well. Next time I won't make it so big. It was fun.
This past week continued to be busy. We are trying to teach the children to have respect. Respect for the house, their rooms, and their parents. I think this lesson will take a long time to learn. Or maybe just a lot of patience on the parents part. One day?????......
I spent Friday at Heritage. It was Mom's and Muffins, Aaron's students watched his hair come off, (an award for their hard work in reading) and made tuxedo brownies for the meet and greet for the faculty. Finally I picked Mattina Ann up and made it home. I don't mind these days, they're just long. I had a similar day the day before.
Aaron got off work at Arby's at 1:00 and went to the school to pick up the leftover tuxedo brownies and found people in the gym. He called the cops and they delt with it, but Aaron didn't make it home until 2:45 and had to be back to Arby's by 6. It was a very long night.
Mother's Day has been nice today. Aaron got me some towels that I think he telapathically knew I wanted. This was the first time Mattina Ann got to listen to primary sing and she stay sitting. Tanner and Geremy tried to sing the songs. They were cute. We talked to our Mom's today. We hope they all have a nice day as well and know that we love them dearly.
Mom told me she hopes this week is less busy. It won't be but I know that it will be soon. School will be out and somehow that will make it all slow down. Or just busy in a different way. So much to look forward to. Just enjoy the moment is my moto for the month. Enjoy the pictures. I'm hoping the slideshow will work.

1 comment:

BA said...

That is a really awesome cake. You did a great job. I love the half shaved look.

Geremy's 4th Birthday