Monday, July 11, 2011

Aloha!

We have had quite the day. I was in a panic to get to the Las Vegas airport. The security check was nothing. Once we got to the gate we walked around for just over an hour waiting for our flight. While walking around we found somebodies boarding pass. When we turned it in to our attendant, she bumped us up to economy plus, which means we had more leg room. That was nice. My ears were fine until the descent. All was fine again in LA.
We scarfed down a fast burrito in LA and then we were off (with no time but to eat and go)and on our way to Honolulu. I have never been more than one time zone away. I have been so excited to get here. We didn't have the leg room on that flight but it wasn't too bad. They played a game on the plane of trying to guess the half way time of how long it took for us to get here. The flight was 5.5 hours long. This too was a new experience. Aaron and I read our books for a good part of it. Then they showed the show "Hawaii Five O" which we decided to watch. I continued to watch an episode of "Friends" and then played some games on my computer. The time passed relatively fast. I managed to keep my ear good until the descent again. I was so glad it didn't bother me the whole time.
When we arrived in Honolulu we had a lei greeting. Our flowers are pretty and it was fun to be able to do that.
By the time we got our car it was already 4:45. On the way to the hotel it was a traffic jam. We saw an apartment on fire and the ambulance was trying to get thru on the freeway. Meanwhile I was trying to figure out this car. We saw a beautiful rainbow over the island as we drove thru Honolulu. The lanes here are small and people drive crazy. People cross where ever and there are TONS of one way streets. I'm hoping it won't be so bad once we get further away from the city.
After we checked in to our hotel, (which I managed to make the car honk as a warning of theft and it took me a bit to figure out how to quiet it up while Aaron checked in :))we left on foot to find somewhere to eat. (It was now 6:00 and we were starving.) We came upon this Korean Food place called "ME B B Q" We had to choose 4 sides. It was a lot of food. We really enjoyed it. They only took cash. We were aware this happens here so we were prepared when we normally wouldn't be.
As we ate I kept asking Aaron if the people we saw walking by were tourist or locals. It was kind of fun to watch the people. Aaron decided that where we were in town most of the people were probably tourist.
After dinner we walked to Waikiki Beach. It was only a few blocks away. We walked down the beach with our shoes off and watched the sunset. With the clouds in the sky it sure was pretty. There were trees that grew but out of the branches they'd grow down and attach to the ground. It is incredible to see. We continued to walk further down the beach. They have some piers so we walked out on one. As we got about half way across Aaron stopped and pointed out there were crabs all across the top and not to step on them. They looked like giant spiders. We tried to get a picture but it was too dark by then. It's really nice that our hotel is so close to the beach. Just a nice evening of strolling and enjoying the time.
We are really enjoying our trip so far. It has now been 20 hours since we got up. We are definately going to bed when I'm done posting this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is this the Honeymoon that you never had? I am envious. I get to have a stress test. I would rather be on the beach.

Geremy's 4th Birthday