Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dream's Come True!

We got up as early as we could and went to Diamond Head Crater. That is quite a hike. It is straight up hill plus 185+ stairs, tunnels, and tight spaces. There were people everywhere. We went from 200 ft above sea level to 800 ft above sea level. During the tunnel I almost panicked. I felt like I might never get out of there. The view from above was great. You can see in every direction. I liked the lighthouse. We tried to find the geocache but there were tons of people around. It just wasn't to be found today. I'm very happy we took our camel packs with us.
We then went to Costco and found Coconut Pudding. That is the white dessert we've been eating that I really like. We got a big package for a little price. I'm so excited to go home and make it for everyone.
We were going past The Dole Plantation so we decided to have lunch there. I finally had Loco Moco. It was so fabulous. We listened to bamboo pipes being played while we ate. We bought some pineapple snow macadamei nuts and white chocolate pineapple. I guess we really liked the Dole Plantation. Every time we go there we spend plenty of money.
We then hiked up to the Waimea Falls. They have gardens on the way up that were nice to look at. When we got to the falls, (more up hill climbing) I told Aaron that we were getting in. I have always wanted to swim in the pool under a waterfall. The lifeguard gave us directions as to what we couldn't do and then we got in. It took us a few minutes because it was cold. Finally I just went for it and dived in. It didn't take too long to get use to it. The pond was 30 ft deep so we had to tred water most of the time. We swam over to the rocks by the falls. I would have jumped off the rocks by the falls but it was against the rules. It was so fun to achieve this dream.
We then found a beach to play at. Aaron was dieing to get into the water and play. At first I just sat on our mats while Aaron went out snorkeling. When he got back we layed down and rested. Finally I decided I was ready to snorkel. While snorkeling I saw an eel. I told Aaron and he asked where and wanted to see it too. Then I found out he had seen an eel on his first time out. Me scared? Sorta. I just kept thinking that if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone too. I took some pictures and video of Aaron diving down but the camera now isn't working and we can't get the info off of it.
When we snorkeled back into the shore I scrapped my same knee that I scrapped last week. It doesn't look like much but it sure hurts. I also grabbed in a rock to throw myself onto shore and thought, "Stupid! What if an eel had been in there?" I'm so glad there wasn't It was fun to see so many different fish and sea cucumbers and coral etc. We really enjoyed snorkeling in the ocean.
After trying to relax again, it started to rain. Aaron asked if I wanted to go somewhere else to watch the sunset? I said yes so we packed up and left. We drove not very far down the shore and stopped again. I had heard about a place where turtles come up on the shore and just warm up. We found this place. It was so cool. We could see a whole bunch of turtles in the water and found at least 4 turtles out on the shore. 2 of them had ropes around to protect them. I talked to some volunteers that take care of them and they said they have seen as many as 10 at one time on shore before. This was a fun stop.
We then drove down shore and saw some people boarding with a parachute of some sort. It was cool. I would want to learn how to do that if I lived here but probably couldn't do it because my back is so bad. Further down the road the road ended. We got out and walked down the rocky beach a little and watched the sunset. It was full of color tonight because of the clouds. The waves were also coming in. The North Shore really has some big waves that are fun to watch.
We tried to have dinner at Teddy's but it was already closed so we went to Wolfgang Puck's and had a Hawaiian pizza. The pineapple is grown here on the island. It was really good. Then we went and got another shaved ice. Yummy!
Now it's really late and we have to be up early tomorrow for a long yet fun day.

1 comment:

BA said...

Looks wonderful.

Geremy's 4th Birthday