Saturday, July 23, 2011

Last Days

Tuesday night we went to bed about 1 am. We got up about 4 am. Very short night. We left the hotel just after 4:30, got gas, and returned the car by 5. Checking into the airport was a little crazy. They won't let you take fruit home (sad. I'd love some pineapple or even coconut)so they have you go through that scanner. The people their direct you around like you're an idiot. We got thru everything okay though and just had to wait for the plane. Aaron sat and tried to sleep. I was just sad to be leaving Hawaii.
On the plane it finally caught up to me. I slept for at least an hour. I couldn't believe it. I was exhausted. Aaron just read his book the whole time. I read too when I wasn't sleeping. Most of the plane was asleep for most of the flight.
In San Fransisco we talked to some German's that were heading home from Hawaii. They still had a long way to go and wished they were going to Vegas with us. I also talked to a lady that said she could tell I was from Utah. I asked why and she said she could tell we were LDS too. We just don't dress the same as the majority of people. I'm thinking it was a good thing she could tell.
Our flight was delaid getting to Vegas by about 20 min. The plane we were taking got in late. It was nice to finally be in Vegas. It was hot and dry; but we knew we didn't have to go anymore. After picking up our car (that we only had to pay $57 for at travelodge) we went to the New York New York hotel for the night. I'm so glad we didn't drive home. We were both very tired and probably wouldn't have made the drive safely. We had talked a lot about just driving home.
Aaron is funny in hotels in Vegas. He gets lost and turned around very easily. We road the roller coaster there which was a lot of fun. I didn't think it was going to have all the turns and speed it had. I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the ride. We then shared a Panda Express meal and went to bed.
We got up about 10 Vegas time and commented that we had really liked our bed in Hawaii. This bed in Vegas hurt both our backs. We'd stay at the same hotel again in Hawaii. It didn't have a desk or a big breakfast but all we needed the hotel for was sleeping, so it did it's job.
On our drive back to St. George the kids started calling us. Apparently they missed us. We missed them too. They came out and met us at the road. They gave us a card and welcomed us home. We took them out to smoothies and went swimming. It was nice to be back with the kids.
We've been asked what our favorite things about Hawaii were. I'd say, parasailing, the Dole Plantation, the 2 luau's, the temple, seeing Pres. Uchtdorf, snorkeling, all the animals in the ocean, and waterfalls. Isn't that pretty much the whole trip? We talked about what we miss. The green, humid air, food, and the quiet of being together. We are enjoying being home too. Eventually we'll have to start going to bed earlier than 1 and getting up earlier than 11 or 12.
Mattina left for Youth Conference yesterday morning. She had to be at the Stake Center just before 6 am. EARLY! I hope she has a fun time. I'm sure she will.
We had a Pioneer Day Breakfast with our ward this morning at 7. EARLY! Aaron and I came back home and went back to sleep.
We have a few pictures of us coming home but Aaron isn't here at the moment and he's been doing the pictures during the trip. Maybe he'll get them on tomorrow. We hope all of anybody whose been reading this has enjoyed it. I'm glad we've been able to write it all down as it happened so we'll have a good account of what we did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you arrived home safely and found everyone in good spirits. I have looked everyday for this wrap up blog. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the fact that you shared your wonderful experiences. Thank you very much for sharing.

Geremy's 4th Birthday