Sunday, April 11, 2010

Will I Slow Down?

Two weeks ago all of us went on a 3.8 mile walk. It took just under 1 1/2 hours. I was so proud of Tanner and Geremy. They only complained a little.
Easter was nice. We just watched conference and enjoyed each other. The kids ate most of their candy that day. Now I don't have to listen to them asking for it all week long.
Monday we drove to Cedar City twice. Both times in wind and rain. It was a very long day. We took Rachel with us. We only did it as a science project for AJ. We were testing the gas mileage with and without the cargo bag on top. Of course the cargo bag took more gas. But not a lot more.
Tuesday Mattina Ann participated in the District Science Fair. She was disappointed not to win anything. I'm just proud of her for being there. Tuesday we also thought AJ had his pinewood derby. I called to find out when weigh in was and they said next week. Oops. That means he missed den meeting too. Oops. So AJ went to our wards pack meeting at the park for clean up and we froze. It was so cold. They served popsicles for refreshments. I was so COLD, without the popsicle.
Mattina Ann and Aaron didn't go to pack meeting. Mattina Ann's band teacher was having a clarinet concert at the tabernacle. I wanted Mattina Ann to go because that's her instrument. She told Aaron she'd never be able to play like that. Aaron told her she could if she practices and sticks with it. I'm glad they went. I was just jealous they were so warm. It was nice for Aaron and Mattina Ann to spend some time together.
Wednesday AJ had a choir performance at Tuacahn. It was a nice evening. Tanner and Geremy even went with us. It was fun to listen to Geremy counting down how many songs were left.
Thursday AJ had the track meet. He did the standing long jump and broke his glasses. Then her did the softball throw and 100 meter dash. He also had the opportunity to be on the 2nd relay team. He had hurt his ankle the day before so he didn't do as well as he could have. He did his best though. I missed his relay race because I had to pick Geremy up from preschool. I barely made it back in time to get AJ to his 100 meter race. Aaron's boys and girls won their relay races. He didn't bet with them this year so he still has his hair. He'll lose it before the end of the school year though.
Friday I made dinner for a visiting teaching sister that had foot surgery. I had promised her home made rolls. The kids asked why I was making dinner for someone else this time. Since I was called to the Relief Society presidency I've made dinner more times than I can count for other people. I don't mind. The children have noticed and I'm not sure what they think of it. AJ mentioned that it's nice to do service for others and that it feels good.
Saturday we were suppose to get the results from Aaron's ugly Praxis test. They moved the date to Tuesday, so after waiting 4 weeks I guess we'll wait another 3 days. We keep looking just in case. We had a party last night at Vandeneikoff's. She teaches at Heritage. Charlie and Aaron were suppose to celebrate last night and that's why we had the party. Since we didn't get the results yet maybe we'll have to party again? Just kidding. We played games last night and had a lot of fun. I brought sopapia cheesecake and it was a really big hit. We played scene it 80's, catch phrase, and mad jab. It was fun to be out with friends. We haven't done that in a while.
I talked to grandma Reep yesterday. She's going to be having her teeth taken out and replaced at the end of April. Hopefully all will go well. She didn't sound too worried. Just not thrilled to be having it done. We all just hope she heals quickly. We can't wait to see them in June.
Saturday Aaron and I went on a bike ride to split rock. That's more than 5 miles. Anyway, last night my legs and rearend started to hurt. I don't want to move today. We want to make this bike riding thing a weekly occurance. If we do maybe I won't hurt so bad. I like the idea. I don't know why I hurt so bad when I've been going to the gym as much as I have. Different muscles I know but OUCH!
I guess these posts end up long because there is a lot going on. I like having this record. It'll be fun to look at again in years to come.

1 comment:

BA said...

I'm glad your children are involved in lots of good things. These are great times in your life.

Geremy's 4th Birthday