Friday, April 16, 2010

Wow! Boys take me off guard!

Tuesday AJ had his science fair. I asked him what he was going to tell the judges if they asked why he did this project. He said, "Because my mom and dad made me." My response was, "At least he's honest." In the end I was just frustrated because he didn't get his score sheet. Nobody did. I would like to have helped him improve for next year but I guess this year was just a wash. Oh well.
AJ also had his pinewood derby Tuesday. I think he was frustrated with his new car so he decided to use his previous car. Aaron and I are tired of all we are doing so this made it easier for us. AJ had fun at the derby and got the award for Fastest Looking Car.
When I went to the derby I had a fall. My feet got stuck in the strap that goes around the window shade. I didn't know this and fell on my left side. I'll probably end up with a nice body bruise next week. My shoulder has bothered me since Geremy was sick in January and now it really hurts. I can hardly even use my arm. I did notice that today it seemed to be quite a bit better. Finally!
Wednesday Aaron and I started booking for our trip to Minnesota and Nauvoo. Before we know it it'll be here. We are also going to Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore. It'll be a lot of traveling but I think a lot of fun.
Geremy was the star this week in preschool. I tried to come up with a food that starts with "U". Not easy. Finally I found out they were studying the muffin man this week so I made mini muffins. I was so glad this project ended up easy. Geremy liked being called the muffin man.
I was making the muffins and had an interesting conversation with Tanner and Geremy. Tanner and Geremy were talking about Grandpa Reep. Tanner said that he misses Grandpa. Geremy said that Grandpa was watching them. I said, "He was? When?" Tanner said, "Yesterday while we were riding our bikes." Geremy said, "Ya and he was talking to me." Tanner said, "Well talking to our spirits. His spirit was talking to mine." I asked what he was saying and Tanner said, "Grandpa was telling my spirit that Jesus is true." These boys are so special. I'm really wanting to get a picture of Grandpa Reep to put in the home so the kids continue to remember him. Aaron suggested a picture with both Brenda and Dick. I think all the kids would enjoy that.
Mattina Ann did baptisms for the dead today. She had a really nice experience. She listened to Sis. Nelson talk to Sis. Riding about crying. She said that crying just means you're closer to the spirit. Something like that anyway. Mattina Ann decided she's not going to tease me about my crying any more.
Brenda has had a really hard week. She's trying so hard to deal with her family problems, Ryan stuff, and just making it through every day. I just hope she knows she can call any time. I don't have tons of answers but I can listen. I hope she knows I really care about her and want the best for her. I've told her before, she's more than just my mother-in-law.
I'm trying to make these enties not too long. Oh well. At least I'll have this in the future. That's my purpose anyway. I love the comments though.

1 comment:

BA said...

It's amazing how close children are to our Heavenly Father and His spirit.
I hope all your aches and pains find some relief.
Thank you for teaching your children the gospel.

Geremy's 4th Birthday