Monday, June 21, 2010

17 Days, 8 States, 4133.1 Miles, One GREAT VACATION!!


The hotel we stayed at didn't have breakfast so there was no hurry to get up this morning. The children were surprised when we didn't wake them up. We looked up info on the butterfly house in Grand Junction and found that the one day a week it is closed was today, Monday. The children had been looking forward to it since the last butterfly house. They were very understanding though.

We took our last State Line picture. Geremy and Tanner couldn't believe that it was so close to the hotel. We all celebrated to be back in Utah.
Aaron and I talked last night about why I don't let him drive more. I told him I don't have anything to do in the passenger seat. This morning he decided I could play games on the computer while he drives, so he drove to Richfield. I loved playing on the computer. It sure made the time fly.


We stopped in Richfield and looked at ReNee's grave. The children asked who she is. It was nice to stop for a little bit. We then drove on to St. George. We got home about 5:45. It was so nice to be home. The children helped clean out the car, we had dinner, children played the Wii, and now off to bed. We had a great time, but it's great to be home.
Aaron made the map of where we went. The children were surprised to see how far East we went. I am a little too. Each star tells of a hotel stop and each colored line stands for a days trip. Now it's back to regular life for a few days. Yeah!

3 comments:

BA said...

Welcome home! Are you sure you want to come up here?

Unknown said...

Welcome home. I got your call, but I was driving at the time and the phone was in my pocket under the seat belt. We sent to David's for dinner and to celebrate Father's Day and Carmen's birthday which were both on Sunday. I am glad that you had a good trip. Enjoy the next few days.

Unknown said...

I miss your weekly updates. I was so happy that you came to visit last week. You are all doing so well.

Geremy's 4th Birthday