Friday, June 18, 2010

Omaha Zoo

I forgot to tell you yesterday about driving to Des Moines. Rita got a little lost. We were driving out in the no where land for about 10 min. She just kept saying "recalculating". It was crazy. Our car has stopped telling right direction as well. Coming home from Carthage it said we were going North when we were going West. Then when we turned North it still said North. All the way here it said North East. I know we came West to get here.
We had a great night sleep last night. Best one the family has had since Grandma and Grandpa's in Minnesota. My back hurt but everything else was nice. We had a nice breakfast with omelets, sausage, and fruit. It was a good morning. As we looked outside, the wind was blowing, the rain was coming down, and it was dark. By the time we left to go to the zoo in was nice.
It was crowded going to the zoo. They are having the College World Series right next to the zoo. The zoo wasn't too crowded. We first went to the Desert Dome and Kindoms of the Night. After spending quite a while there we decided we had better go faster or we'd never see everything. We then went to the orangutans, gorilla's, bear's, tigers, and lions. (Oh my!) We had lunch and then off to the aquarium, giraffe, seas lions, and elephants. If you know anything about the Omaha Zoo, you know that is a lot. On our way back to the car we found a spray of water. The children loved that. I made Tanner take off his sweat shirt and cool down. (I didn't realize he didn't have a shirt on under the sweat shirt until after we got to the zoo. He was really hot.)
Everybody but me and Brenda went through the Aviary and then we left. On the way out Geremy got a stuffed lion in the gift shop. He finally got his souvenir. It was when we got back to the car that I saw the sign for the zoo. I wanted everyone to get out and go get their picture one more time. They didn't like that idea so Aaron said he'd take a picture of me and leave the kids there. I thought that was so thoughtful of him.
We got ice cream sandwiches and went back to the hotel. Everyone was exhausted. We went swimming for about 2 hours, took the children to dinner, and then went out to dinner with Brenda. She was told of an all you can eat buffet of crab; but that was moved to tomorrow night. We went to Applebee's and then back to the hot tub. They had fireworks at the baseball field that we could see from our hotel. That was fun. We could see them reflecting in the river. It was nice to relax tonight. I'm not good at doing nothing. I usually go go go and have to recupe from vacation when I get home.
We are starting to look at the end of our trip. I'm not ready to go home yet (Is anyone?)but I'm so looking forward to my bed and better food.

No comments:

Geremy's 4th Birthday