Thursday, June 17, 2010

On we go.

We were so glad to leave that hotel. We didn't sleep well at night. The AC was way too loud. It didn't hurt my back though. That was about the only good thing about that hotel.
I REALLY wanted to go to Nauvoo this morning and see about 3-4 more sights. During the night I got this feeling that we should just head out and not go to Nauvoo. I was disappointed but knew I had to follow the feeling. We drove to Council Bluffs with a short stop for lunch in Des Moines. It was a nice drive. The wind was blowing like crazy, but nice.
We got to our hotel about 4. The children went wild with how nice it is. Aaron, Brenda, and I decided to go to the temple tonight. That's number 31 for us. Aaron and I were the witness couple again. That was nice. There were 12 women and 7 men. Seemed like a lot in comparison to Nauvoo. Brenda had a wonderful experience as well. When we left we were in a down poor. We loved it. Wow!


We got back to the hotel and our children had stayed in the room, got their pajamas on, and just played the wii all night. What good children. It's nice that this hotel actually has the capability for us to hook up the wii.
Brenda, Aaron, and I went on a walk. I forgot to mention that the Missouri River is right out our window. It's cool. We walked by it tonight. Aaron looked at the fireflies and the river. We watched some trains crossing on a bridge. We also watched the logs going down river. We talked for a while and then came in to go to bed. What a nice feeling we all have here. Everyone is happy.

2 comments:

BA said...

We had that wind yesterday. That's a great place. You have some ancestor's there. Have fun at the zoo.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your testimonies. If I had known ahead of time that you could find lots of ancestors, I would have told you about James Pace and the Pearce family. Darn. It would have been nice to have pictures. I have enjoyed your complete trip. Thank you for the great pictures. I really liked the picture of Joseph and Hyrum on their horses in front of the temple with you little family between them and the temple. It made me cry.

Geremy's 4th Birthday